East Brunswick Construction Accident Lawyer
The construction industry is among the most dangerous in the world, with some of the highest rates of serious injuries and deaths. In a recent year, a staggering 21.1 percent of the fatal work accidents were in the construction industry, according to OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration). Our East Brunswick construction accident lawyer can help you seek the compensation you deserve.
Types of Construction Accident Injuries
OSHA has issued information on what they call the “fatal four,” the construction accidents that most commonly lead to the death of a construction worker.
These deadly accidents are as follows:
- Falls: 33.5 percent of all deaths are fall-related.
- Struck by an object: 11 percent of all deaths were the result of a worker being struck by an object.
- Electrocutions: 8.5 percent of the fatalities were the result of a worker coming in contact with electrical energy.
- Caught in or between: These are crush injures in which a worker is caught between equipment and objects, hit, caught or crushed in various ways, including collapsing structures, or crushing blows from material or equipment.
The East Brunswick area is in the middle of a construction boom, with a redevelopment plan for the downtown area. Construction workers have no lack of jobs – but is the job site safe? A worker who is performing the duties of his or her job can be seriously injured or killed if safety standards are not maintained. While you do not have the right to sue your employer in most construction accident cases, you do have the right to file a third party claim in cases in which another party’s actions contributed to the accident.
Who Is Liable?
In a construction accident case, a party other than your employer may be liable.
These parties could be:
- A subcontractor
- Equipment manufacturer
- Equipment leasing firm
- Equipment operator
- Scaffolding company
- Safety equipment manufacturer
- Tool manufacturer
- Architect, development firm
Injured in a Construction Accident? Call us for Help.
At the Law Office of Howard S. Teitelbaum, we offer decades of experience and success representing the injured in construction accident cases in East Brunswick. The first step is to speak with our firm about your case and allow us to evaluate how to best move forward.
DWI Defense $500,000