East Brunswick Criminal Defense Attorney
Experienced Defense Against Criminal Charges in New Jersey
Being charged with a crime can be a life-changing event that leaves you feeling helpless and anxious. Many people who have been arrested or charged with a crime feel discouraged and assume the charges mean automatic conviction, but this isn’t true.
You still have options that, if you act quickly, can help you avoid conviction or achieve a lighter sentence. The first step toward a better future is to hire an experienced criminal defense lawyer who can meet with you to learn about your unique situation and then investigate the circumstances so they can build a creative strategy that protects you.
At the Law Office of Howard S. Teitelbaum, our East Brunswick criminal defense lawyer is committed to helping clients all over New Jersey who’ve been charged with crimes. You have the right to an attorney after an arrest – a right you should take advantage of during this challenging time.
Criminal Cases We Handle
Hiring a criminal defense lawyer can potentially prevent you from facing long-term consequences that will impact the rest of your life. Our criminal defense lawyer has decades of experience protecting the rights of criminally charged individuals and is able to use his resources and skills to strengthen your case. Some charges you may be facing that we can assist you with include:
- Assault and threat charges
- Drug charges
- DWI charges
- Theft and fraud charges
- Juvenile charges
- Sex crimes
- Weapons charges
- Domestic violence and restraining orders
An arrest occurs when a police officer takes an individual into custody. It’s important to remember that an officer can only arrest you if they saw you commit a crime, they have reason to believe that you’ve committed a crime, or a judge has issued an arrest warrant that has been supported by probable cause.
Things To Avoid After Being Arrested
Other tips to keep in mind after you’ve been arrested to avoid making your situation worse include:
- Don’t resist arrest – you may be charged with resisting or even battery on an officer.
- Don’t say anything – per your Miranda rights, you have a right to remain silent, and anything you say could be used against you in court.
- Call a lawyer – the sooner you hire a criminal defense attorney, the sooner they can help you gain release from jail and begin working on your case. If you can’t afford an attorney, a public defender will be provided for you.
Defenses Against Criminal Charges
Some defenses may include:
- Strategic Defense Planning: By conducting a thorough investigation and collaborating with expert witnesses, we create a strategic plan tailored to the specific circumstances of your case.
- Constitutional Rights Protection: Fourth Amendment protections against unreasonable searches and seizures, Fifth Amendment rights to remain silent and prevent self-incrimination, and the right to a fair and speedy trial. We tirelessly advocate for our clients to ensure that their legal rights are upheld throughout the legal process.
- Negotiation and Litigation Skills: Whether through negotiation or litigation, we strive to reach the best possible outcome for our clients. We aim to minimize the effect of criminal charges on your life by exploring all available legal avenues to secure a favorable resolution.
How Our Lawyer Can Help
There are many benefits of hiring a criminal defense attorney, the most obvious of which is that an attorney has thorough knowledge of the criminal law system.
Navigating legal jargon and easy-to-miss details can be complex and difficult, but a criminal defense lawyer has studied and trained to understand all procedures and stipulations.
Our lawyer has more than four decades of experience representing clients who have been charged and knows how to help you.
Additionally, our team has abundant resources to help you in your case, including experience finding and hiring investigators and witnesses.
Many cases involve testimonies that can provide the evidence you need in court. With our help, you can fight your accusations or sentences and achieve optimal results.
Just because you’ve been charged doesn’t mean you’re going to jail. Hiring an attorney can introduce you to a variety of options you didn’t know existed.
Contact Our Criminal Defense Attorney in East Brunswick Today
If you or a loved one is facing criminal charges, don't delay seeking legal representation. The Law Office of Howard S. Teitelbaum is dedicated to delivering aggressive and strategic defense to protect your rights and future. Our East Brunswick criminal defense attorney understands the nuances of criminal law and is prepared to fight tirelessly on your behalf. Contact us today to schedule a consultation. We can review the details of your case, discuss potential defenses, and provide you with a clear understanding of your legal options. Trust us to be your advocate in the pursuit of justice.
DWI Defense $500,000