East Brunswick DWI Lawyer
Seeking Optimal Outcomes
If you have been arrested and charged with DWI in East Brunswick, you have the right to defend against the charges. Rather than accepting a conviction, with the help of our experienced lawyer at the Law Office of Howard S. Teitelbaum, it may be possible to avoid conviction. Our team is experienced, dedicated, and talented. Beyond our legal skills, we take our cases very seriously, as we understand that avoiding conviction is extremely important.
DWI Defense Strategies
Don’t assume a conviction is inevitable, as in fact, several strategies can prove to be effective in getting a DWI charge dismissed, reduced, or result in a “not guilty” verdict.
Some of the defenses that could be explored in your case include but are not limited to:
- You were a victim of an illegal police stop
- Roadside sobriety testing was performed incorrectly
- The breath-testing unit was faulty
- The officer performing breath testing was not properly trained
- The breath testing unit was not properly maintained
- The officer was engaged in racial profiling
- The state laws regarding roadside checkpoints were violated when you were pulled over
- You were not read your rights
- You have a medical condition that could affect the results from the breath testing unit
If your charges are the result of a blood test after an accident, several defense strategies are available, including issues related to the chain of custody.
You do not have to take a DWI charge lying down – you have the right to an attorney. Our decades of trial experience and our commitment to our clients has made our firm one of the leading DWI defense firms in the East Brunswick area. Whether you are a resident or were passing through the community, we invite you to connect with us so we can review the facts in your case. We offer personal legal counsel and have an exceptional level of dedication to the people we represent.
The penalties for DWI in New Jersey are exceptionally harsh. You could face jail time, fines, and a suspended license, as well a permanent black mark on your criminal record that could affect your future employment opportunities.
DWI Defense $500,000